Friday, October 15, 2021

Homicidal Maniac 2: Sicko


Director - Johann Tetreault (Homicidal Maniac, The Demon Club)
Starring - Lindsey Baker, Anna Talakkottur (Jurassic World, Finding Carter), and Xeno Zoltar (Homicidal Maniac)
Release Date - 2015
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "The second movie from the "Mad Genius" Johann Tetreault"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     When I watched it the first Homicidal Maniac I didn't expect to dislike it as much as I did but it was one of the worst film experiences I had ever seen.  I hate to be that negative but the movie just felt tossed together with little to no regard about being entertaining.  It had some nudity and blood but these were not as fun as they usually are in another film.  The double feature I recently acquired from Sleaze Box had the sequel that was made 8 years after the first film.  I had hoped that Tetreault had matured as a filmmaker and this follow up would be a much better film.  Sadly, it was not and it was just as much of a chore to finish as the first film.  If anything, the women are more attractive, at least to me, but that's the only redeeming quality that I can see. 
     The film picks up several years after the first film with the crazy seafood chef now living with his girlfriend with the events of the first film behind him.  However, he is triggered once more and goes on another killing spree which does result in the police searching for him. However, he is able to get the upper hand on them and brings the female investigator deep in the woods where she becomes another one of his female playthings that he tortures, rapes, and murders.
     I really do hate being negative about an indie production but I'm struggling to find anything redeeming about this film aside from Saturn Suicide.  Sure, he made good use of the former Suicide Girl but the movie itself is still a tough one to finish.  The acting in this one is similar to the previous films.  A good bit of the cast assumes that if they raise their voice that they are "acting" but that's the furthest from the case.  The cast spits out awkward dialogue and their emotional range is the same as Kristen Stewart.  I know the cast consists of mostly inexperienced actors but I've reviewed several no budget films with no experience and they did a far greater job than this.  With that being said, this film has what feels like the longest simulated sex scene I had ever seen which only makes sense considering it was the gorgeous Saturn Suicide.  The story for this one is literally the first film with just one small change.  We get the addition of the police but aside from that its mostly a rape, torture, and kill flick with nothing redeeming. In fact, I've seen shorts with a run time of less than five minutes deliver more story than this one.  Finally, the film has some blood, and a lot of boobs but don't expect memorable deaths and gore.  In fact, it's just the same as the first film.  Some blood splatter and that's the extent of it.  Overall, Homicidal Maniac 2 was another disappointment.  I love indie horror but this one does not have the heart that I expect from indie efforts and I have no idea what the story is that the filmmaker is trying to tell.  Honestly, I would skip this one as well.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment