Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Dingleberrys


Director - Chris Seaver (Filthy McNasty, Die-B-Que)
Starring - Meredith Host (The Weirdsies, Evil Night) and Chris Seaver
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Horror/Sci-Fi/Comedy
Tagline - "You'll crap your pants in fright... these turds have bite!"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):


     My goal of eventually reviewing every film of Chris Seavers is slowly coming to fruition as I continue to update my DVD collection to his recently released blus.  I worked my way through four Filthy McNasty flicks before moving on to some other films I needed to check out before their release date.  At the beginning of the month I was at Cinema Wasteland where I was able to finally meet Seaver and I snagged his newest blu release of the Warlock Home Video Double Feature Volume 2 with Happy Helladays and The Dingleberrys.  I reviewed Happy Helladays a few years back during the Christmas season but I decided that The Dingleberrys was the perfect movie for my October horror binge.
     The film follows a group of youths looking to party and have fun who stumble across a group of poop balls that crashed to Earth from another planet.  The dingleberries have a taste for human flesh and soon start rampaging through town with sites on the group.  Hot on their tails is an intergalactic bounty hunter tasked with killing the dingleberries.
     I went into this one expecting a fun Chris Seaver flick with a lot of poop jokes and some small creature mayhem.  That's exactly what I was given so I was shocked when I saw the warning at the beginning of the film stating that it was one of Warlock's worst films and the cast and crew was ashamed of it.  You can usually tell which films Seaver doesn't like when it says it's directed by Rudy Bellefonte instead of himself.  They may have not liked their work but I enjoyed it.  It was the oddball horror comedy that I was looking for.  The acting in this one is exactly what you would expect from a Chris Seaver film centered around space turds.  The cast has a lot of fun in their roles and that translates very well onto the screen but that's the extent of it.  Some of the cast portrays similar characters to other Seaver films but they are still a lot of fun.  I enjoy the close group of people that he works with and the acting makes the film in my opinion.  The story for this one is a shitty parody of Critters with the Warlock Home Video sense of humor.  The movie runs around 40 minutes so it doesn't over stay it's welcome and the humor works.  The film does have a few slower scenes but the humor and horror references works.  Finally, the film has some blood and some tiny turd creatures designed and sculpted by my friend Tom Martino.  We get some shit smeared on faces and funny critters that don't look cheap.  It's a late night horror comedy so don't expect a lot.  Overall, The Dingleberrys is not the best film to come from Chris Seaver and his camp but I enjoyed it.  It's not as memorable as The Weirdsies and Death O'Lantern but it has it's moments.  I highly recommend checking it out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment