Saturday, April 30, 2022

Attack of the 50 Foot CamGirl


Director - Jim Wynorski (Chopping Mall, The Return of Swamp Thing)
Starring - Ivy Smith, Christine Nguyen (Attack of the Killer Donuts), and Eli Cirino (No Name and Dunamite Davenport)
Release Date - 2022
Genre - Sci-Fi/Comedy
Tagline - "Hell hath no fury like a 50 foot tall woman!"
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):


     Full Moon Entertainment had big plans before the pandemic shut most of the world down.  They announced ten films that would be coming out with some partners of their but after two of those films were completed before the world shut down.  Since then Charles Band has changed focused to some other projects that he could knock out while working around COVID restrictions.  It felt like a few weeks ago Charles Band announced a new film was in the works.  The film, Attack of the 50 Foot CamGirl, would be directed by cult filmmaker Jim Wynorski and starring softcore starlet and model Christin Nguyen.  Full Moon has been constant in posting updates about the film but I was not expecting to receive a review invitation a few days ago.  I was quick to reply to it and as soon as I could make the time to watch it I did.  I want to thank Full Moon for allowing Horror Society and myself the opportunity to review this one!
     The film follows social media influencer and cam model Beverly Woods (Smith) and her husband Bradley (Cirino) as they try to work in new angles to help with her plummeting numbers.  She partners with a team of scientists to create a renewable food source to end world hunger in order so she can up her numbers and possibly win the Noble Peace Prize.  However, she wants to skip all the proper testing and ingests a hot dog wiener and immediately begins suffering from stomach pains.  She goes to bed and the next day she awakens a little bigger and before long she grows to monstrous heights.  Not only has her body grown in size but so has her ego as well.  Her husband and her assistant, who he is having an affair with try to scheme behind her back but before long she consumes the prototype food to grow just like her and a battle ensues.
     I wasn't expecting much with Attack of the 50 Foot CamGirl.  I knew it was going to be full of nudity, humor, and a story that is predictable but enjoyable and that is exactly what it is.  I laughed a few times and found myself pulled in with the nudity and simple plot that does borrow heavily from the classic story The Blithe Spirit.  The acting in this one really surprised the hell out of me.  Nguyen is no stranger to my reviews having appeared in several films I've reviewed from Fred Olen Ray and Wynorski over the years.  Honestly, I think this is my favorite performance of hers and it seems like she had a lot of fun with the role as well. Newcomer Ivy Smith is the star of the show and she shows experience beyond her years.  She's absolutely gorgeous and so natural in front of the camera.  I was shocked to discover that this was her only role credited on imdb.  I can see Full Moon putting her in more films.  She's a natural and they would be fucking stupid not to cast her in more fun films like this.  The story for this one is a lot of fun especially if you like those cheesy Attack of the 50 Foot what evers.  I love those campy and cheesy type of films and CamGirl does a fantastic job of balancing the nudity, the campy story line, and fun characters.  The film does have a few scenes that are a bit too long but the overall film flows very well.  With that being said, I loved how the story was able to almost parody the classic supernatural story The Blithe Spirit especially with the ending that we get.  Finally, don't expect a blood bath.  However, if skin and laughs are more your speed then this one is for you.  Overall, Attack of the 50 Foot CamGirl is way better than it deserves to be.  I had so much fun with it and I look forward to the next chapter in this story.  Keep an eye out for Ivy Smith as well.  I see big things coming from her in the near future.  Give this film a watch when you get a chance.  You will not be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment