Sunday, June 9, 2013

Leaf Blower Massacre


Director - Anthony Cooney
Starring - Anita Nicole Brown (Midget Zombie Takeover), Shavar D. Clark (Fuckload of Scotch Tape), and Miguel Perez (The Funeral Home: Five Finger Death)
Release Date - 2013
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "When autumn arrives, no one survives."
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     Something I have seen a lot lately is low budget films with bigger dreams than they do means to deliver those dreams on film.  A lot of directors recently have tried to release original films with complex stories that do not work well on film with the budget they have.  Directors often forget the main reason people watch these films are to be entertained and not try to decipher a complex story that does flow very well.  That brings me to this little film by Anthony Cooney.  Not long ago he added be on Facebook and I discovered he had directed this little film here.  Cooney knows that sometimes people just want to watch something completely absurd.  I got in contact with Cooney to see if I could get a screener to review.  He was nice enough to send me one.  I had intended to write this review yesterday but I decided to get drunk instead.  So thank you Anthony for sending me a screener and sorry it took me so long to write this up.
      The film follows a maniac in a black helmet as he terrorizes the population of a small town.  The maniac uses a leaf blower and his fists to kill his victims when they least suspect it.









     When I first saw the trailer I knew I would like this film and it did not disappoint.  The film did its job and entertained me but I did have a few problems with the film.  The biggest being the title.  When I heard about Leaf Blower Massacre I was expecting gory deaths by a leaf blower.  Unfortunately, we really don't get any deaths by a leaf blower and there is not really enough deaths to be considered a massacre.  That is really my only complaint.  The acting is decent by some members of the cast while others make it difficult to watch.  More experience would have made some of the scenes more enjoyable.  The story is extremely silly and nothing in depth.  The movie is clearly made to be funny and pay homage/parody to the 1985 slasher flick the Nail Gun Massacre.  This movie simply shows that simple stories can still entertain.  Finally, the film skips on the on screen and special effects.  What we do not get in gore and special effects we do get in humor and originality.  Overall, Leaf Blower Massacre is a fun film filled with chaos and insanity.  I highly recommend this one.
  
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment