Monday, June 3, 2013

The Experiment: Who's Watching You?


Director - John Symes (House of Sin)
Starring - Suzy Deakin (Serial Kaller), Amy Louise Hall, and Matthew Shephard (Paranormal Haunting: The Curse of the Blue Moon Inn)
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Horror/Thriller
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):
     Before I watch any movie I look around online to see what I can find.  Once I started writing for Horror Society I now look online at other reviews to see what some of the other horror and cinema fans have said about a particular film.  I don't do it to steal what they said, but to see if a majority of them liked the film or not.  That way I can prepare myself for the oncoming shitstorm if that just happens to be the case.  I received this one in the same package as Sloppy the Psychotic and Alien Agenda.  I had previously ran across this one on amazon.com while browsing around.  The film looked decent but was not my cup of tea.  However, because it was sent to me I will give it a shot with an open mind and hope for the best.  I turned to the net to seek out reviews and could not find any.  I was curious but extremely cautious when I threw it in.   
     The film follows a young pole dancer that is down on her luck.  Provocative dancing is just not cutting it so she responds to an ad about an experiment.  A masked man breaks into her apartment and sets up a surveillance system so an unknown man can watch her.  Later a young man visits her in her home and administers her to a form of experimental medication.  Later that evening she begins to suffer mild hallucinations and a strong urge to have sex.  A man then enters her apartment and has his way with her before she snaps and kills him.
     I should have took the sign of no reviews as a bad omen but I did not.  I was curious to see what this movie was about and just like before my curiosity got the best of me.  The only redeeming quality I could find for this movie was the girls looked really good.  I mean really good.  Other than that, the film lacks in almost every aspect.  The acting is sub-par at best.  The only thing that makes the scene really enjoyable is watching the hottie dance in next to nothing.  The story is simple and very effective, however, it was just not done the right way.  The film is very slow building and the "climatic" ending was not really that climatic.  In fact, when the movie was over I completely missed it ending.  The movie, more of less, starts and ends with no real build of tension.  The story had so much potential and just fell flat at the finish line.  Finally, the film completely skips on the special effects and on screen kills.  The film has one kill and that takes place off camera.  Horror fans will not be satisfied by this one.  Overall, the film may be original but it falls short of entertaining.  I do not recommend this one.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment