Saturday, April 19, 2014

Vampire Whores From Outer Space

Vampire Whores From Outerspace (2005)
Directed by:  Eamon Hardiman
Starring:  Diana Burton, Billy Dynamite, Brian Gunnoe, Eamon Hardiman, Chip Kunhavijit, Meghan McDowel, Lance Steel
Format:  NTSC Region 1:  Personal Collection


    
(out of 5)
 
 
      Yeah I'm sorry Eamon Hardiman is a mad genius.  Are his movies among the best independent films made...well that's up for debate but in my opinion Eamon just hits all the right obscure nerves.  His movies are full of disgusting greatness and few in the underground movie world share his off the wall sense of humor.  For example the line in this movie, "There's some sticky stuff coming out of my ass and it tastes funny?"  I had to go back and make sure I heard that right because at that moment in the movie the girl just nonchalantly moves on with the conversation.  Eamon's films are never boring for me the energy just oozes from the screen.  An energy indie films have an exclusive on.  You cannot and will not find this kind of feeling from anything Hollywood.  Even those Hollywood films like Pulp Fiction which claim to be but are not in any way independent films.  
 We  find ourselves smack dab in the middle of a small town mystery involving the Sheriff (Eamon Hardiman) and a recent spaceship crash.  Now the effects in this one per usual with Razor Sharp Studios are on point given the budget restrictions and let me just say the spaceship scenes were spectacular.  Loved the visual effects of the craft floating through the sky that part of the fx for me couldn't have been any better.
      Vampire Whores kept me laughing from the get go.  I love Burt Fleming played by Bryan Gunnoe who makes an appearance in all of Eamon's films.  Great repeating character who makes me smile every time I see his face with that crooked evil grin.  Then we have the hilarious dialogue between Kevin and Dawn which for me just got better and better through out the movie.  Meghan McDowell came through as best actor in the film over all in my opinion.  Her lines just kind of rolled off very well with her facial expressions and number two for me has to go to Eamon himself playing the chief of police.  Also have to give it up for Lance Steel who played Kevin it really was nice collection of actors in this one.  Everyone of them seemed to give it their best and it overall I think it really worked given the obvious campiness of the movie.
     The police chief and the fire chief buried a hitchhiker in the woods awhile back and its these same woods where the vampire whores crash land.  So our police chief heads out to find the body dig it up and head out to find a new hiding spot.  All kinds of silliness ensues including the character Hank played by Billy Dynamite who is a drug dealer slash abortion clinic haha.  He and Burt Fleming have a few hilarious scenes together.  In the end it's up to Burt to save the day...but he falls a little short.  Not really going to spoil any more the movie is absolutely hilarious and if you're not going in expecting Oscar winning acting, etc. the movie is very entertaining to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment