Thursday, May 1, 2014

IDS Rising

Director - Cory J. Udler (The Girl Who Played with the Dead)
Starring - Greg Johnson (Incest Death Squad), Carmela Wiese (Incest Death Squad), and Blade Braxton (Return to Nuke 'Em High Vol. 2)
Genre - Horror/Exploitation
Release Date - 2012
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     Trilogies.  Now that is a word that can really piss certain horror fans off and for good reason.  The first film in a series is usually made by the filmmaker to show the world what he is capable of and to tell a story he thinks is worth telling.  The sequel is their effort at giving the rabid fans more of what they want and most of the time it's not even the same director behind the camera.  However, the third film in the series usually has nothing to do with the first two films and is only created to cash on in on a franchise that is already established.  These films usually suck...but there is always an exception to the rule.  When I was first informed about Incest Death Squad I was under the impression that Udler had only made two films in that series but I was surprised to learn that Udler also made a third film in the series and it was just recently released.  When I ordered the first two IDS films I went ahead and ordered the third film which is called IDS Rising.  After I watched the other two flicks I couldn't stop and had to watch the third film.
     The film picks up a few moments after the events that unfolded in Incest Death Squad 2 with Aaron shooting Amber Wayne (Wiese) in the head before Jeb (Johnson) can stop him.  Jeb rips Aaron's heart out but it is too late.  Not being able to live without his sister (that he fucks) he shoots himself.  Moments later Amber awakens but the shot to the head sends her into madness.  She now sees visions of Aaron and Jeb who break the news to her that she was never doing the lord's work and is now going to hell for the violent acts she committed with her brother.  She then starts to remember things that happened long ago.  Things that will forever change her and the way we viewed people from the other films.
     Though most people hate sequels, trilogies, and remakes, I fucking love them even though most of them suck.  I get way too excited when I hear a film I like is getting a new sequel or remake.  I get even more excited when these films have the same team returning.  After I watched the amazing follow up to Incest Death Squad I was pretty damn excited to see IDS Rising and when I started watching it I was extremely shocked by what I saw. This film was unlike the other two films and easily the best out of the trilogy in many aspects.  The acting is what you would expect from an Udler film.  Just like with the previous films the acting is phenomenal and definitely sets the bar high for an indie flick.   This time Wiese is at the front of the cast and gives an award winning performance.  The story for this one is very fucking original, well written, and completely mind blowing.  The story honestly went a direction I would have never expected and was easily the best in the trilogy.  The story for this one answers a lot of questions and completely throws the IDS world for a spin.  Sadly, this one did have a few dry spots layered throughout the film making it hard to stay focused.  Finally, the film has the same type of kills and special effects as the other films.  The point of this film is to not cover the audience in blood but to shock them with with an even more incestuous storyline and hixploitation.  Overall, IDS Rising is a great film to end the series.  The film is shocking and very imaginative.  I recommend this one.



    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment