Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dolla Morte


Director - Bill Zebub (Zombiechrist)
Starring - Ed Bowkey (The Worst Horror Movie Ever Made: The Re-Make), Christof Niederwieser, and J.T. Petty (The Burrowers)
Release Date - 2006
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline(s) - "A movie so gruesome it has to be filmed with dolls" "Demented. Disgusting. Dolls" and "A Masterpiece of Lo-Fi Madness and Satanic Silliness!"
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     There are some indie directors that release numerous films that cause quite a stir among the audience.  No director knows this more than Bill Zebub.  This is to be expected with films like Antfarm Dickhole, Jesus the Total Douchebag, and Zombiechrist.  His films are made mostly to shock the audience and everything I have heard about his films shows they do just that.  I was not too familiar with his work.  His films just didn't seem too appealing to me so I never forked out the cash for them.  However, Wild Eye Releasing was able to hook me up with my first Zebub flick Dolla Morte, so thank you guys so much for sending me this to review!  I have heard a lot of things about Zebub and his films but I had no idea what to expect when I popped this one in but I tried to keep an open mind.
     I don't think I will be able to describe this film but I will try like hell to do so. So President George W. Bush (this film was made in 2006) is trying to become immortal by drinking the blood of Jesus.  Before long Hitler, a Nazi S.S. Enterprise, and the pope all jump in and the line between a sound plot is thrown out the fucking window.





 
     After watching this I could only think of one thing to say and that is Bill Zebub is crazy.  Plain and simple. His insanity has now been caught on film for those just as crazy as him to decipher. That being said, he is also a fucking genius. It takes a true maniac to come up with the shit I saw in this film.  The story is in place to purely shock and offend and it does just that.  Zebub touches on the topics of religion, politics, rape, genocide, and many others in this film.  Sadly, The story is hard as hell to follow.  I think Zebub was trying so hard to offend his audience that he forgot he was trying to make a movie.  The film is so incoherent that it is impossible to actually follow.  This film would have been amazing if it was more uniform instead of this pile of insanity.  The film honestly felt like a series of shorts placed together with one story trying to hold them together but it failed to do so.  Finally, the film's visual effects are cheaply made but actually work in the film's behalf.  However, if you are looking for a film with stunning visuals you wont find it here.  Overall, this is a film that will piss off the majority that watch it but if you are not an uptight asshole you will find the film full of humor.  This film is worth at least one watch just to see what the fuss is all about but it has no replay value.




No comments:

Post a Comment