Saturday, April 17, 2021

Furies Sexuelles



Director - Alain Payet (Dangerous Woman, Fist Party)
Starring - Corinne Lemoine (Sweet Taste of Honey, Once Upon a Virgin), Marie-Christine Guennec (Games for an Ungrateful Wife, Baby Blue), and Richard Bigotini (Where the Sky Begins, Lorna the Exorcist)
Release Date - 1976
Genre - Horror
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     When Vinegar Syndrome announced their March pre-orders I quickly rushed to the site to place my order like I do every month.  However, I was quick on the draw and ordered the March package without looking at the stand alone Peekarama release.  When the Vin Syn discord told me about it I quickly rushed back and pre-ordered it.  When these releases finally arrived I was more interested in this Peekarama double feature than the other releases.  After watching a few other blus I needed to review I quickly set my sights on Furies Sexuelles to watch and review.
     The film follows a woman who loses her job but discovers that her beauty and sex appeal could help her make some money.  She finds a local bar to be the best place to find Johns with other beautiful women doing the same.  Here she finds the keys to pleasure and money.
      Many years ago I was reluctant to give Vin Syn's sexploitation flicks a shot but after watching a few I've found myself becoming increasingly obsessed with them.  However, not all sexploitation flicks are made equal.  Furies Sexuelles was an interesting premise but the execution and editing made it a bit of an underwhelming experience.  The acting in this one is what you would expect from a late 70s French sexploitation flick.  The sex scenes are energetic and lively while the remainder of the scenes are a little flat and unenthused.  If the entire scene had the same energy as the sex scenes then the film may have been a little more enjoyable.  The story for this one would have worked for a sexploitation flick but it uses the same plot device over and over again creating a repetitive and dull experience.  We move from the bar setting to the sex scenes over and over again.  We do get a few "roughie" sequences and some random scenes scattered throughout but it's not enough to make this one stand out or break it up.  Finally, this film is full of skin, fluids, and more skin.  However, if you are looking for blood then you will be very disappointed.  Overall, Furies Sexuelles looks great which is exactly what I would expect from Vin Syn.  However, the film is extremely boring and repetitive.  I wanted to like this one but it just wasn't for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment