Friday, April 30, 2021

Goriest Production Short Compilation 2010 - 2020



Director - Patrick Fortin
Release Date - 2010 - 2020
Genre - Horror
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     I love how wild some no budget indie horror flicks can go.  I've seen parodies of some of my favorite horror movies, I've seen fan films, and I've even seen unofficial sequels.  I've always seen some wild original tales told with absolutely no budget.  A few days ago director Patrick Fortin reached out to me to review some of his works.  I started this strange journey with his 2020 horror flick Carnival of Gore.  When I was finished with that it was time for his short compilation which consists of shorts he had made from 2010 to 2020.  I once again want to thank Patrick for sending this over to check out.  
     This short compilation consists of segments ranging from slasher inspired shorts, to music videos, and a few animated segments.  There is a wide range of videos to be seen here.
     I've reviewed a few short compilations over the years and they were all fun experiences.  It's even more entertaining when they are compilations from the same director and you can witness them growing as a director.  I had a lot of fun with this comp here but it was a little too long for liking.  At almost two hours it becomes more a chore to finish than for fun.  The acting in these segments are very inconsistent.  We get some very amateur and inexperienced performances to extremely energetic and intense performances.  None are memorable or amazing but they work for the shorts and show plenty of promise.  The stories, much like the acting, is very inconsistent.  Some of the shorts were fun, like The Evil Massacre segment.  Keep in mind, these are no budget shorts but for the short running time they are fun.  My only real complaint with this comp is the running time.  This should have been split up into two different volumes.  The run time is almost two hours which is a bit too long for one sitting for a comp like this.  Finally, the film has a lot of blood, gore, and fun animation.  The blood and gore is fun but the budget did prevent it from being better than it is.  It's still very enjoyable for the segments.  Overall, this comp is fun especially if you are looking for a late night bloodbath with some booze.  Don't expect a life changing experience but go into it looking for some backyard fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment