Monday, February 14, 2022

...in Furs


Director - Christopher Bouchie (Grave Robbing for Morons, Electric Soldier)
Starring - Vito Trigo (Return to Nuke 'Em High Volume 1, Assassinaut), Matt Desiderio (I Spill Your Guts, Slaughter Tales), and Sarah Schoofs (Gut, The Theatre of Terror)
Release Date - 2016
Genre - Horror
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):


     Many years ago I befriended director Christopher Bouchie on Facebook when he was promoting his upcoming film ...in Furs.  I was extremely interested in this one and covered it numerous times on the site before it was released.  However, the hustle and bustle of life got away from me and I forgot to snag a copy when he was selling it.  Years passed and I caught wind that Wild Eye would be releasing the film as part of their Raw and Extreme line.  It would be some time before they actually released it but as the release date approached I made my way to my computer so I could reach out to MVD to request a copy.  I've had it now for a few weeks but had some other films to work through before I could check it out but once I had the time I was too excited to see it.  I want to thank MVD and Wild Eye for sending this one over for review.  Thanks guys!
     The film follows a drug addict who finds himself the user of a bad batch of heroine.  This sends his life down the drain as his wife leaves him and he finds himself struggling to find money for his next fix.  His desire for a fix soon addles his mind and he becomes extremely aggressive.  He kills his bestfriend in a rage but his drug crazed mind struggles to cope with it all.  He hallucinates that he is still alive and tries to come up with a plan to get his girlfriend back.  However, she has since moved on, remarried, and is now expecting a child.  This does not go over well with him and he once again becomes hostile resulting in a bloodbath... but is it all real or a bad trip?
      ...in Furs is an entertaining watch with a great cast and solid story but it's one of those films that don't have the replay value that many other films have.  I really enjoyed it but I don't see myself revisiting it any time soon but I do see myself recommending it to other genre fans that are looking for something new to watch.  The acting in this one is great.  I'm a huge fan of Vito Trigo's after watching his performances in Troma's Return to Nuke 'Em High, Science Team, and Assassinaut.  I love his intensity and how dedicated he is in his roles.  He never disappoints and ...in Furs is no exception.  His performance is so much fun and it's him that makes the film what it is.  He's a fantastic addict who has slipped off the deep end and I couldn't see the film being as good as it is if someone else was to take over the role.  The supporting cast is great as well but Trigo is the one that carries the film on his back.  The story for this one reminds me a lot of the films Office Killer and Faces.  In both of those films we follow a killer who sees their victims as living people once they snuff them out.  In Office Killer she keeps the corpses in her basement and speaks with them like they are family.  In Faces we follow a killer who once he kills someone is haunted by their faces as they appear on the walls of his home always reminding him of his guilt.  This movie is similar to that as in he can still speak with those he has killed but his mind is so fragile that he isn't aware that he actually killed them.  His sanity is breaking and sometimes his violent tendencies takes over and he is unable to come to terms with the deeds he's committed.  ...in Furs does make the deaths feel more personal and you almost feel bad for him even though he has murdered.  A lot of emotion...and gore was written into this story and it's very enjoyable.  Finally, the film has a few deaths.  The first couple deaths are fairly mild and forgettable.  We have some blood but nothing to write home about.  However, the final death in the film is fucking unforgettable.  It's gory, brutal, and fucking hilarious.  I loved the effects and how fucking graphic it is compared to the rest of the film definitely makes it stand out from the rest.  I would recommend the film just for this death alone.  Overall, ...in Furs is a well put together indie horror film that as a great cast, decent story, and one hell of a last leg of film.  One death in particular makes this film a must see.  I highly recommend snagging this one and adding it to your collection.  It's worth every penny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment