Saturday, October 27, 2012

Bite Me



Starring - Yousef Abu-Taleb (On Bloody Sunday), Justin Giddings (The Last Lovecraft: Relic of Cthulhu), and Ryan Welsh (The Dread)
Release Date - 2010
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "3 Friends, 1 Outbreak, No Continues"

Rating (out of 5):


      One day while looking at videos on youtube I came across a video called "Bite Me."  It just happened to be a random episode of a web series.  I didn't watch it but I did take a mental note to watch it when time allowed me.  I decided to flip through the cast on imdb.com prior to watching it and was a little worried when I cruised across Yousef Abu-Taleb who was also in the horrible flick On Bloody Sunday.  However, after seeing that season 2 was picked up by Lions Gate and both seasons are helmed by Machinima, a company primarily known in the gaming company, I figured I would give this web series a shot.
     This series follows three friends that live together and work bullshit jobs.  They spend their spare time playing games and watching horror movies.  One night all hell breaks loose and the three nobodies are now thrust in a world where the recently deceased return to life and are feasting on the flesh of the living and use the skills they have learned from playing video games and watching zombie movies.
     This web series really surprised me with the effects and quality.  They could easily put the segments together and string together a few solid flicks out of both seasons.  Anyway, I really enjoyed this show.  I really liked the acting in this series.  Some of the cast has had small roles on small films but you would never know that from watching this series.  Also, the effects are pretty good which is a bit shocking seeing it is a youtube web series consisting of roughly 15 minute segments.  I also really enjoyed the story with this series.  It is very original and put in many game and movie references that helped associate this show with the audience.  There was nothing I did not like about this show except the segments are too short and they need more episodes quickly.  Overall, this is a great show and you should definitely check it out.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment