Wednesday, October 10, 2012

FDR American Badass



Director - Garrett Brawith (Poolboy: Drowning the Fury)
Starring - Barry Bostwick (The Rocky Horror Picture Show), Lin Shaye (Chillerama, Detroit Rock City), and Bruce McGill (The Legend of Bagger Vance)
Release Date - 2012
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Tagline - "What has two wheels and kills werewolves?...this guy"

Rating (out of 5):

     I found this movie one day while checking out trailers on youtube.  I find a lot of movies that way.  I was checking out clips from Dear God No! when I found it.  The second I saw it I was hellbent on watching it.  I waited patiently and creeped amazon till it was released until I was able to order it.  Then after I ordered it I couldn't wait till it arrived so I downloaded it to watch till the dvd arrived.

       This movie follows the real life exploits of FDR as he battles werewolves from the Axis Powers.  That is historically accurate and if you want to argue about it then your a bitch.  Anyway, FDR is out hunting with some fellow friends and politicians when they are attacked by a werewolf.  The werewolf killed a few members of the hunting party before FDR is able to blast it away.  Unfortunately FDR is bit on the leg before he shoots him.  FDR awakens in the hospital and the doctor informs him that those bitten by a werewolf get "the polio" in the area they are bitten in.  This forces FDR to remain in a wheelchair the remainder of his life.  Due to the attack being published in the newspaper the American public want FDR to run for president against Woodrow Wilson.  FDR does just that and goes on a countrywide tour to promote his candidacy.  Along the way he meets many people he becomes acquaintances with who he will later call on when America enters WWII.  Once the U.S. enters the war FDR flies a plane over seas to destroy the Axis Powers...and the rest is history.
     I absolutely loved this movie.  I honestly laughed from beginning to end and some of the lines from the film I have been repeating ever since I first watched it.  The night I first watched it I also watched it two more times after.  It is honestly one of the funniest movies I have ever seen.  The horror is pretty much non-existent in this one.  The story is completely absurd but as you gathered from the title this is the kind of flick you don't watch for the story.  The acting is top notch with some of the stars having an incredible list of films under their belt.  There is even a cameo by Kevin Sorbo as Abe Lincoln.  If you don't know who Kevin Sorbo is then fuck you.  The effects are pretty lame which is my biggest gripe about the movie.  The werewolves look stupid but the film definitely makes up for that.  Watch it or you will regret it.          



No comments:

Post a Comment