Monday, October 15, 2012

Vampire Whores from Outer Space


Director - Eamon Hardiman (Catholic Ghoulgirls)
Starring - Brian Gunnoe (Porkchop), Billy Dynamite (Escape from the Dead), and Diana Burton (Catholic Ghoulgirls)
Release Date - 2005
Genre - Horror/Sci-Fi/Comedy
Tagline - "Some people just suck"

Rating (out of 5):

     Since I had wrote reviews for all the other Eamon Hardiman flicks that I had watched lately I decided to write one for this film as well.  To be honest I wanted to watch this one a little more than I did Catholic Ghoulgirls.  The title pulled me in and made my curiousity peek.  I could only imagine what this movie could be like or was even about.  I assumed the film was a literal adaption of the title but I did not want to assume.



     This movie once again follows Burt Flemming, local hero that has fallen from grace, as he tries to worn the world of vampires that have descended from outer space to drain the blood from the population's pecker...unless they're girls then I have no idea where they get it from.  Anyway, Burt is unable to rally the people behind his intergalactic battle.  Lucky for him two individuals have too seen the blood sucking hookers from space and join his fight.  It is now up to the two love birds and the back-porch abortionist to prevent the alien prostitutes from draining the town dry in more than one way.
     I liked this movie.  I liked the way Hardiman took this flick and added humor to it.  I don't think it would have been as good if he would have made it a serious flick like Catholic Ghoulgirls.  The movie reminds me a lot of an Ed Wood movie especially Plan 9 From Outer Space.  The effects in this one are hit and miss.  The corpse that the chief has in his car looks pretty decent but the vampires seem silly...most of the time.  That only adds to the humor and charm of the flick.  The acting is on par with Catholic Ghoulgirls in the same aspect of feeling forced and over dramatic.  This does not apply to, once again, Burt Flemming.  He, as always, steals the show.  Hardiman should really consider having him truly star in a film rather than ride shotgun through most if it.  The editing in this one is better than the CG and it flows way better.  CG, in my opinion, is a little bit better film but this one should definitely be watched.          
    

No comments:

Post a Comment