Monday, January 4, 2021

The Dirty Dolls


Director - Stu Segall (Mob Jobs, The Suckers)
Starring - John Alderman (Cleopatra Jones, Kung Fu: The Movie), Denise Drake, and Esther Abbott
Release Date - 1973
Genre - Crime/Drama
Tagline - "Sex-starved girls - - forced to use their guns and bodies to satisfy the man who owned them!"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I've had a lot of fun the last few days checking out some sleazy exploitation films from AGFA but before I could dive into some horror I have one more sleazy film to review.  I was a little burned by Things to Come so I didn't know what to expect from the second film in the Smut Without Smut release.  However, I was shocked to see that the second film in this release was absolutely fantastic.  Like the previous film, I went with the smut without smut edit and I fucking loved this film.
     The film follows a man and his gang of beautiful but deadly women as they rob and fuck their way around the country.  They think they hit the score to end all robberies when they get a bag of diamonds along with a hostage but things quickly go south for the group. 
    When I tossed this one in I was expecting another boring and tasteless nudie flick with no story and dull acting.  However, I was greeted with a rather gritty and rough exploitation film that really sold itself to me.  In fact, I would be lying if I didn't say I absolutely loved it and running around 50 minutes it wasn't a time waster either.  The acting in this one was very well done.  The film is a hard boiled exploitation film with unlikable characters breaking the law.  The cast does a fantastic job.  The characters are very grounded, mean spirited, and sexy when the scene calls for it.  I really enjoyed the characters and their interactions with one another really sold the film for me.  The story for this one is simple enough.  We follow a man and some women who plan elaborate heists.  When not robbing people they spend their downtime fucking and enjoying life.  Nothing overly complicated here and it works for a sexploitation flick.  Finally, the film has a few death scenes with some blood but those looking for gore and practical effects will be disappointed. The effects are minimal and work for the film but they are nothing memorable.  Overall, The Dirty Dolls is the highlight of the Smut Without Smut release.  It's gritty, fun, and just the right amount of sleaze.  There does seem to be some issues with the negatives used in the restoration process but that doesn't stop this from looking the best it can.  I highly recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment