Monday, March 1, 2021

Halloween Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon




Director - Addison Binek (Psycho Ape!, Tromasterpiece Theatre)
Starring - Addison Binek
Genre - Horror/Comedy
Format - DVD (Personal Collection) (Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     Not long ago I spent almost four hours watching episodes of Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon that was sent my way from star and director Addison Binek to review.  I didn't know how to even begin to review this MST3K inspired show so I decided to approach it like I would a movie or television show.  The first DVD I to a stab at was his Movies to Watch on Thanksgiving Afternoon which was surprisingly fun.  Once I was done with those episodes I decided to immediately jump into Halloween Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon.  I want to thank Addison for sending these over.  I had a lot of fun with them.
     The DVD follows Addison as his riffs Halloween and other horror themed movies with his own brand of prop comedy and jokes.
     Halloween Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon is a fun collection of holiday themed episodes that are extremely fun to watch.  Addison is a funny individual and his brand of humor is what I look for in indie productions.  I can watch his movies all day and never get tired of them.  However, Binging four or five hours of Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon is a bit of an overkill.  I had fun but it was a bit much.  His show is fun but I can't binge it like I do other series. The acting in this one is a one man show.  Binek is so charismatic in front of the camera and he's very natural with it.  He delivers his jokes, props, and continues to do his thing.  He's very passionate about this show and it really shows.  With that being said, watching this show for as long as I did you find yourself looking for a little more to the show that this.  Maybe that is where the inspiration for Tromasterpiece Theatre came in to play.  Fans like his sense of humor but needed something else from the show.  The story for this one is more of a comedy improve sketch and tribute to MST3K.  The theme of each episode is focused on the movie being watched.  It works for the episode but for those looking for an overlapping theme or story obviously missed the point of the show.  Finally, no blood or guts in this one.  The movie clips shown on the show may feature them but Binek himself does not contribute to this.  Overall, Halloween Movies to Watch on a Rainy Afternoon is a fun watch during the Halloween season.  Of course it would be more fun to watch the films he is riffing but if you want something different then I highly recommend checking these out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment