Friday, March 5, 2021

Kinks




Director - Jayden Creighton (Trespassers, Riot Girl)
Starring - Rachael Winter Baskerville, Kate Logan (How to Make a Monster, Jiva), and Sam Sidhu (Occupation: Rainfall, Measure for Measure)
Release Date - 2021
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "Are you ready to begin?"
Format - Streaming (Online Screener)

Rating (out of 5):

     I get a lot of interesting films in to review and I never know what my next adventure is going to be.  The last week or so I've been digging through a bunch of the older Fred Olen Ray blu releases from Retromedia after Makeflix started selling them.  As I was approaching a few of the softcore releases of his I decided to stop to check out two shorts that would set the mood for me so to speak.  The first is the feminist horror flick Snake Dick.  Once I finished that one I decided to check out another short.  This time I hit play on Kinks directed by Jayden Creighton.  
     The short follows a working girl who is picked up by a wealthy client and her obedient assistant.  She is ask to give her eight hours of her time in return for $15,000.  She reluctantly agrees and is taken to a warehouse.  It's here that she sees that they are in for more than anal and light bondage.  Before long she realizes she is in over her head but the pair are not willing to let her go so easily.
      Kinks looked like a fun and sexy short that really peaked my curiosity.  I didn't know what to expect but I went into this one with an open mind and found myself really enjoying it.  When it was over I felt disappointed that Kate Logan didn't offer me 15k to beat the shit out of me.  The acting in this one is absolutely fantastic.  Newcomer Rachael Winter Baskerville does a fantastic job as a working girl trying to take care of her family.  Her emotions are very genuine and the fact she was able to deliver such an amazing performance with no other credits listed on her imdb page is rather impressive.  Sam Sidhu delivers a great performance so well and does a great job even though he role is performance.  His role is not that demanding but he does have to show emotion with expressions rather than his voice.  Kate Logan delivers my favorite performance.  She's elegant, controlling, and sexy as hell.  I rally enjoyed watching her in this role.  The story for this one is short, sweet, and to the point. We have no bullshit scenes and the film's run time is so short that we get right into the story.  The simplicity works.  Finally, the film has some bloody moments and some fun make-up effects.  The film isn't a gory mess of a short like some of you would prefer but the bloody moments are fun and the make-up effects are top notch.  Overall, Kinks is a must see for anyone looking for something different.  The cast is amazing and the story is a lot of fun.  I highly recommend it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment