Saturday, October 10, 2020

A Stoinkmare Before Christmas



Director - Chris Seaver (Evil Night, Ski Wolf)
Starring - Minty Dave, Alec Lambert (The VelociPastor, SexSquatch), and Heather Maxon (Evil Night, Death O'Lantern)
Release Date - 2014
Genre - Comedy/Sci-Fi/Horror
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I know some of you are going to get your panties in a twist when you see that I reviewed a Christmas movie in the middle of October but I had to.  When I received the Stoinky Saga I decided to hold off on watching it until this month because the film features a Halloween themed segment.  However, I had to watch the Christmas short before it.  So, here I am watching and reviewing a Christmas short in October.  Shame on me.
     The film follows two young men who are struggling to find the Christmas spirit.  After some brainstorming they decide to create a hot elf to grant their wishes.  Things start out smoothly with her granting their wish for beer and longer dongs but when she starts to act strange they quickly realize that they fucked up.
     A Stoinkmare Before Christmas runs a little less than 20 minutes and you can clearly tell that it was a quick shoot with an idea they had.  It was fun but, unlike other films from Seaver, I don't see myself revisiting it any time soon.  The acting in this one is fun.  It consists of some familiar faces from the Warlock alumni.  They portray similar characters that they have in the passed and really have fun in their roles.  I always have fun watching these over the top characters.  The story for this one is a Christmas themed horror take on Weird Science.  It's fun and you can tell that Seaver and company spun this one out quickly. Flawed or not, I still really enjoyed it for what it was.  Finally, if you want blood you will be very disappointed.  The horror aspect is very light and the film focuses more on the characters and story than it does the deaths.  Overall, A Stoinkmare Before Christmas is not a perfect film and not a prime example of what a Chris Seaver flick is but it is fun and gives fans something else to enjoy.  It's flawed but fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment