Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Necrosluts



Director(s) - Angel Martin (Actress Apocalypse) and Sebastian Kult (Before I Die, Hi-8)
Starring - Sky O'Blivion and Rex Renn
Genre - Horror
Tagline - "On morgue slabs...they found untold pleasures"
Format - Bluray (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     The Sleaze Box and Gatorblade Films are no strangers to my review.  I've reviewed several of their releases over the years but very few were given negative reviews from me.  Most are severely entertaining and sleazy but only one or two were a bit of a struggle to finish.  A few years back I piked up a copy of their release Necrosluts.  I had originally planned on reviewing it when I recieved it but I never got around to it.  With my month long horror binge under way for Halloween I decided it was the perfect time to spin this sleazy horror flick.
     The film follows a young woman who is expecting but finds herself not too concerned with being a mother.  She gets herself a metal clotheshanger and unfolds it before using it as a sex toy.  Soon she is pleasuring herself with the hanger inside her.  The more blood that gushes the more she is turned on by it...
     I had no idea what I was in for but knowing The Sleaze Box and Gatorblade Films like I do I knew it was going to be a wild ride.  The movie itself clocks in around 45 minutes but for the story we have it's about 30 minutes too long.  It tries too hard to be shocking and graphic while losing it's story, or lack there of, along the way.  The acting in this one is not really acting.  The film mostly consists of a beautiful woman nude as she pleasures herself with a coat hanger.  Nothing that really stands out from the acting here.  She's gorgeous and watching a woman pleasure herself covered in blood is memorable but that doesn't mean it's a meaningful impression.  The story for this one could have been something really unique.  Having a film follow a woman doing what she does in the film could really leave an impact on the extreme horror crowd but the way this film was approached really lessens the impact of the story.  It's more for shock than story but at 45 minutes it stretches itself very, very thin.  The movie would really have an impact on the viewer if it was shorter.  The viewer becomes unsensitized the longer the movie plays.  Finally, the film has blood and the ending dials it up a little but for almost 40 minutes we get very little in the way of the red stuff.  Sure, it ends with a bang but most of the movie is a bit of a dry one.  Overall, Necrosluts is more shock than anything.  It doesn't offer up anything memorable but the female lead is absolutely gorgeous.  That is the only redeeming quality of this one.  Skip it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment