Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Terrified



Director - Damian Rugna (Cursed Bastards, The Last Gateway)
Starring - Maximiliano Ghione (Love After Loving, Ashes of Paradise), Norberto Gonzalo (Killer Women, Super Dad), and Elvira Onetto (Zama, Jennifer's Shadow)
Release Date - 2017
Genre - Horror
Format - DVD (Personal Collection)

Rating (out of 5):

     I decided to take a look at the Shudder exclusive Blood Quantum and really enjoyed it.  There has only been a few Shudder releases that I didn't care for so I was looking forward to it.  Blood Quantum is one of the movies I bought when I saw Voodoo Apocalypse and Evil Takes Root at my last trip to Walmart.  I also bought another Shudder release.  After I watched Blood Quantum I decided to go ahead and watch the other Shudder release which is the 2017 paranormal horror flick Terrified.  This is another one that I heard so many horror fans talking about so I was looking forward to it.  
     The film follows two officers who get dragged into a series of paranormal events when a child that was recently dead returned home.  They try to rebury the body but soon uncover that something else sinister is alive in the neighbor and all the paranormal events doing on are a result of it.  
     Terrified is one that I've seen so many horror fans talk about over the course of this month which makes sense because it was a fantastic watch and an even better film to add to my October watch list.  The atmosphere is absolutely spot on and the scares that the film provides are ones that will stick with you days after watching it.  The acting in this one is uneven but the inconsistency doesn't distract from the film.  The characters are borderline cliched but their personalities stand out just enough to make them memorable.  Sadly, their performances are not the focus of the film as we focus more on the story and what's about to happen next.  The story for this one is a bit of a tricky story that is done as simply as possible.  The way the story is told is very effective but it has several different layers.  If flows fairly well and easy enough to follow.  However, if you look away for a moment you will miss something pivotal to the story.  Finally, the film has some blood but it's not a gory flick.  Instead, it relies on jump scares, make-up effects, and a few instances of visual effects.  All those are very impressive and the jump scares, which I'm usually not a fan of, are very effective as well.  In fact, I really enjoyed them when they did occur here.  Overall, Terrified is a must see this Halloween season.  It's such an impressive movie and one horror film that leaves a lasting mark.  Give it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment